Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Losing Steam

I have all these thoughts in my head so I figure, we have a blog, why not use it. It doesn't only have to be for posting stats and stuff. Sometimes we have bad days and sometimes we have good days and I think we need to make it like a journal so we can remember our journey and how hard it is, yet how rewarding also.

Today my alarm went off and let me just tell you, I DID NOT WANT TO GET UP! I did anyway, ate my oatmeal, sat on the couch for about 20 minutes watching the news. 6:28 rolled around and I literally had to talk myself into getting my shoes on. I made it to the park, but because of an unexpected problem I had to get home shortly after 7. After I was able to sit down and relax this morning I thought to myself, what is my problem?

I have had almost 2 months of complete disappointment when it comes to weight loss. I realized this morning I am focusing too much on weight loss, period. When I first started working out with Marlo I just wanted to have "me time". Time that I could get myself into shape. I had no desire to get thin or anything. I just needed a stress release. My life is so full of, well...crap, that I needed to have some way to get the tension out. Since then it has turned into, gotta lose weight, gotta lose weight, and now that is stressing me out.

What is worse is that Skyler is stressing about losing weight too. He is so tired of maintaining and I understand, but the more we stress about it, the less we will lose.

Korina and I have decided to share the cost of the Biggest Loser Cookbook. We should get it either Saturday, or Monday! I am really excited for this because it is healthy and gives me the tool I need to plan healthy dinners, which is honestly my complete downfall. So often I leave the house in the evening to take Baby Logan home and don't even have dinner started, which means I stop and get something on the way. NOT GOOD!

So my goals for the next 2 weeks are:

Don't think about losing weight, think about feeling good

Cook healthy and balanced dinners every night...no more cheat days. I'm going back to eating junk when I want, in moderation. I have found that because I deprive myself all week, I end up going overboard on my cheat day and I think that is worse.

NO SODA!...this is a big one because I want to have a baby and I can't have soda when I'm pregnant anyway. Gotta just break the habit now.

Listen to my body...if I need sleep I'm going to sleep. If I have energy and I'm bored, I'm going to get off the couch and play my Wii rather than watch TV...OR watch TV and work out at the same time

Stop focusing on what I can't do and focus on what I CAN DO! This is a big one because when I run with you guys I get so caught up in "You guys are so much faster than me" that I tend to give up on pushing myself. Unlike you guys, it is not motivation to me, it makes me think, "ooh, if I cut down this way I can catch up faster" rather than keeping the course and feeling good about what I am doing. I have to remember that it is more important to finish than to catch up.

There are a lot of lessons I am still learning and like I said in the beginning...we all have good days and bad days. My next blog will be on a good day. Let's just hope I have one soon. =)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having a down day. But you have really good points in your post. The purpose of this ultimately is to get healthy. So we shouldn't get so down when we don't lose weight, (even though I really do.) But we're getting healthy. Also, don't compare yourself to any of us during the run! We all started at different levels, and there will ALWAYS be someone that runs faster, is thinner, is more in shape, etc. than us. The only person we should each be comparing ourselves against is ourselves. Are we running faster, eating better, feeling better than we did 3 months ago? Definitely! You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also having a crummy month. But we can do it and the new cookbook will be nice and give us some great healthy foods!

    ReplyDelete