Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kim's Weigh in

I weighed in yesterday, I just didn't feel like posting. The results - no weightloss this week. I had a lot of stress and ended up eating out for dinner 3 times this week, which I know is totally bad, but when you're not home and you've got 4 kids to feed it is a necessity. Anyway, I do have something I want to share.

I was at the park with the fam on Saturday and my sister Kristi showed up with a bag of Fatburger. I've always driven by and honestly wondered how the heck they stay in business. I NEVER see anyone there! Anyway, she pulled out a burger and started eating. I, being the loving sister I am start asking her what made her get Fatburger and she said, its a Veggie Burger. I had no idea Fatburger had a veggie burger! She let me have a bite and it was really good. Now, you tell me which is the better choice...if you were to eat out.
A typical burger, like the Jumbo Jack...my fave is 600 calories, and 940 mg of sodium.
The Veggie burger at Fatburger is 430 calories and 1180 mg of sodium.

Should I eat more calories to get less sodium or eat less calories with more sodium??

Let's face it, eating out is horrible, no matter how healthy they make it sound. I have to be more on top of things this month if I'm gonna make any progress this month. Does anyone have any good, crockpot recipes that won't totally kill my diet?? I'm only thinking crockpot because I need something I can make and leave for the fam on those nights I just can't make it home in time to cook.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, look at the bright side. Eating out 3 nights and not gaining ANY weight is great in my opinion!! You are doing awesome! Yes, I agree, eating out is just dangerous. Even those things that you think are healthy still have hidden "bad" things. One of my favorite "crockpot" meals is taco soup. It can be done just as easily on the stove top, but I usually do it in the crockpot just because it's easier. If you watch the amount of cheese you put on, and tortilla chips it is actually quite healthy, especially if you choose to use turkey burger - which I don't because Jerry won't eat it if I do. Let me know if you need the recipe. I also like a meal called "Rebecca's Chicken", or I've also heard it called, "Annie's Chicken." It isn't naturally that healthy, but with some modifications it isn't too bad. It has cream of chicken soup and cream cheese, but I use the reduced fat options, and watch my portion. My kids actually really like that one too. I can get you that recipe too if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you are dong great! We also do the chicken in the crockpot thing to. Basically Chicken with any cream of whatever is great. We also make some rice to go with it. Very yummy the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete