Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Motivation...

Well I don't know about you Korina, but that daily mile thing is working for me.  I couldn't walk the kids to school with Skyler today because, as usual, I had to take Teagan to preschool.  Recently my goal has been to go to Zumba during preschool, but it didn't happen last week because Riley was sick.  This week he is still sick with the RSV, but over all he's feeling better, BUT my car was reading 5% on oil life and NEEDED an oil change so instead of Zumba today, I went to Honda to get an oil change.  We had erronds to run this afternoon so we went to McDonald's for lunch, which is never good, but I had a low calorie dinner so hopefully it won't hurt me.  After dinner I was sitting there thinking, "Dang, I haven't done anything I can put on my mile ticker"  So, I got the four kids to run with me around the block.  Logan and Teagan were always ahead of me, Jayden was behind me most of the time...complaining...  Matthew would run between me and the little ones and when he'd get to me, he was so cute!  He kept encouraging me to keep running.  He would say things like, "wow mom you're doing good", or "I can't believe you're still running, you're doing great".  He'd even yell at Jayden to keep up so I wouldn't have to stop. 

Anyway, I'm gonna try to do this every evening.  I'm gonna keep to the one mile for a while because it was really hard.  I would say I can't believe how out of shape I am, but I'm really not surprised with as heavy as I am.  These new drops I'm taking are really making a difference in how I feel and I'm trying to use the renewed energy I've got to drop this weight.  I can see in my head what I want to look like and every day it is getting easier to make the choices that will get me there.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I have not worked out today. And all I think about is the trigger on our blog!! I seriously think tonight I may have to go do at least a mile just because it is killing me!! Getting the kids out is a great idea. My kids are always like "Your going running again(annoyed voice)!!" So supportive NOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, the one thing I don't like about the widget is that the walking icon has the little guy walking with a cane! How insulting! Lol. Isn't there another way to differentiate between walking and running?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me!! That is what I feel like after I run! I would totally be insulted!! :)

    ReplyDelete