Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Midweek progress

I had kinda slacked off on doing my midweek reports and weigh in for a couple weeks while I was partying it up, so even though it's 11:19 pm and I should be sleeping I figured I'd better get this on here so I can get back in the habit again.
I've been MUCH better this week. I am proud to report that I didn't eat any delicious dessert (brownies and vanilla ice cream - one of my favorites) at our group FHE on Monday, and I didn't eat any cupcakes or even lick the frosting off my fingers that I made on Tuesday for the Harvest Festival. Tonight at the festival I didn't cheat and eat any of the cupcakes there. So eating wise much better than last week. I have been a little more munchy, but I've been munching on healthy things.
Working out has been hard this week for some reason. I only ran 3 miles and walked almost another on Monday. My legs were still tired from Saturday's run I think. Tuesday I went swimming. I haven't been swimming since before my trip to Utah, and it felt great. But I was slower than I had been before. Still it was a good workout, but I could tell I was tired. (Probably more to do with the fact that I'd been up till 1:00 the night before) Today I was truly dreading running 5 miles, but I did it. I wasn't very fast, but I did it. So, I've been working out, but not at my best ability this week. I'm looking forward to doing our long run on Friday instead of Saturday morning this week.
I can't believe the race is coming so soon, and I'm totally remembering those feelings we documented right before the first 1/2 marathon. I'm scared, excited, tired, etc. Only two more long runs, one shorter long run, then the race!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do so great on the race day it is crazy how fast it is coming. Good job for passing up the sweets!

    ReplyDelete