Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Long Time, No See

Sorry that I haven't reported in a while. It hasn't been on purpose, promise. It's been a busy and fun month so far. On the positive side I can report that I have kept up on exercising regularly. But, with stress and fun, and any celebration comes eating. I planned to just eat bad on my birthday, but it ended up being my whole birthday week. Then we went out of town last weekend and I ate & ate! Unfortunately I thought I'd do better once I got home. I did, till last night and that last piece of birthday cake was staring me in the face. I was weak. Anyway, it's just a little set back. I won't let it get me down. Besides I'm running 10 miles this weekend. And I'm getting ready for the race. I haven't lost motivation yet. Just enjoying life a little too much. But how often do you have a birthday??? OK, yes, my celebrating is excessive, but I'll be over it soon.
Another great thing to report is that I had my personal best time in the 10K I ran last Saturday!! My goal was to do it in 1:05, but secretly in my heart I really wanted to do it in 1 hr, but didn't dare wish for it, because I wasn't sure I could do it. I ran 6.26 miles (it was a little over a 10K) in 57 minutes!! I was shocked and so excited. Yes, I know if there is some stranger reading this that is a real runner, I'm sure 57 minutes is not as good as a real runner, but for me it is great! And I felt good the whole time! YAY!! Maybe all the cookies I ate on the ride up the day before the race gave me an extra boost of energy.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing it takes me 45mins to run a 5k! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!! Why worry about all the eating? Celebrating with food is inevitable so you might as well enjoy it. The difference between now and a year ago IS the fact that you are exercising regularly. I'm so glad you had a fun birthday and mini vacay.

    ReplyDelete