Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm here

Oops, one day late, but I'm here. And I haven't forgotten. So this week has been a little better - in the exercise department. Unfortunately with Valentines Day, Relief Society Meeting with DELICIOUS carrot cake - thanks Patti, and leftover chocolate here in the house I haven't been eating super great. Why is it that sugar just calls my name??
I walked a little over 3 miles on Monday and Wednesday, and Tuesday I did some weight lifting, in the form of getting ready for the R.S. meeting - and no, don't worry, I didn't over do it at all!
I'm planning to ride the bike today, and walk tomorrow.
I was feeling a little wimpy about the fact that I've been walking instead of running, when technically I really can run. I'm not too far along in my pregnancy by any means to run. I really just don't want to run, but I won't go into all my excuses again. But I read an article on Sparkpeople.com about how to have the most consistency with working out. The main gist of the article stated that while it is recommended to get 60 - 90 min. of exercise per day (which was a surprise to me, I didn't realize it was 90!) those that exercised for a shorter amount of time each day 30 - 40 min. were more consistent with their exercise, which is more important. It makes sense if you think about it. So, even though this is a little different, but similar - I know I'd get a better workout if I ran 5 miles in the same time it takes me to walk 3 1/2, I am enjoying walking more than running. I LOVED running throughout last year, well, for the most part. I got to where I wanted a good run. But right now, where I am, I want a good speed walk. It might not burn as many calories, but it's more consistent, because I know if I woke up and knew I had to run 5 miles right now, I'd make every excuse in the book to not get on that treadmill, or outside.
I also really enjoy swimming, and I do want to go swimming, it's just too bad that you have to wear a swimsuit to do it - NOT that I'm suggesting I want to wear nothing! :) I just don't want to go to the gym and put on a swim suit right now. But the reward is worth it, and I should get there soon. Maybe when it gets a little warmer I'll head over to Monta's and use her pool instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment