Thursday, January 5, 2012

Success or Failure?

Yes, you guessed it.... Started fresh...AGAIN! The last couple days in Dec. I was eating so much junk that every morning I felt so yucky and vowed to never eat any more chocolate. But within a couple hours somehow I was eating chocolate again. I was happy and sad to be starting a new year. I know, that sounds crazy. Sad because I knew I couldn't just eat my heart out anymore and it was going to be time to be accountable for my eating. Happy because I really need to get in control again of my eating and exercising and start feeling better about myself.

I weighed in on Sunday morning and was, of course, depressed because I gained even more than expected. I made it till 5:30 before giving in and eating any chocolate. I'm going to look at this as a success, that I made it that far before giving in :)

We went on a little trip to Chicago Tues-Wed. I knew this could be very detrimental at the beginning of my new start, but was determined to do my best. I did work out at the hotel on Tues. and also went swimming with the kids that night. I wasn't super strict on my eating, but I did eat better with no major unhealthy snacks. That is so hard during car rides. Once we got home there were still lots of Oreos left in the package. (That is so rare, which tells me I must be the one to usually eat most of the Oreos) :( Anyway, the temptation was too great and I gave in and ate an Oreo. Here is the success part - I stopped at 1. Usually once I break and eat something "bad" I go crazy and eat anything else I can find. So normally I would have finished off all the Oreos and gone for the ice cream in the freezer as well. So instead of beating myself up I'm going to pat myself on the back for stopping at 1.

So - New Year, New Goals. I have my ultimate goal that I want to get to. But I'm going to start with a couple short term goals so that I can hopefully celebrate a little success along the way. I'm going to be on here more. If I don't write very often you can probably assume that I'm not doing well. When I do my mid week and weekly check in it keeps me more on track. I NEED you guys:) My first short term goal is to fit my pants (The ones that AREN'T maternity pants) without muffin top by Jerry's birthday weekend. That is 3 weeks from starting. My next short term goal is to lose 25 lbs by the weekend that Jerry finishes finals for this module. The first weekend in March. It is ambitious I know. But I have so. much. to. lose!!! I did lose 4 lbs after the first day of eating good and exercising this week. That tells you just how bad I was over Christmas. I will hopefully get the new month pic posted soon so I have my point of reference to go from when I'm smokin' hot!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Sarah! Just keep up with the blog. I miss hearing from you . It is too easy to let life get in the way. You always reach your crazy goals so I have no doubt you can do this even if you don't have us right there to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Sarah!! Awesome for working out even on vacation!! I am back on the wagon also I weigh in tomorrow and I will post!

    ReplyDelete