Monday, January 16, 2012

Weigh In

Yes, I'm a few days late at getting this on here, but it's not super great news to report anyway. I lost 1 1/2 pounds. Not too great. Part of the reason I haven't gotten on is because Luke is so extremely needy. That boy doesn't sleep - ever. At night he is in bed with me because it is the only way to get him to go to sleep. I've made him "cry it out" and he falls asleep, but not for long. He's up in about 45 min. screaming again. I feel like I'm feeding him all night long. If he's asleep and I move or get up to go potty he wakes up automatically. He doesn't sleep well during the day either. He hardly naps. The last couple days it has been a TOTAL of about 2 hours of sleep during the day that he gets and then he doesn't go to bed till 10:30 or 11:30 again at night. Yes, I'm going a little crazy. Because he's so tired he just cries all day if I'm not holding him. Right now he's in his exersaucer. He was happy for the first 2 min., now he is screaming so loud at me. His cough/wheezing/etc is finally going away but we are still on lots of medicines, including 2 breathing treatments each day of albuterol and pulmicort. (So 4 breathing treatments each day) for the next MONTH! I feel like I'm being sucked dry literally and figuratively. So because I have to just hold him all day, I end up just puttering around the house all day waiting for him to fall asleep and just munching on whatever food is around. I know - excuses, excuses. But because we finally have healthy children I'll be able to go to the gym today and at least get 30 min. away from children.

So I'm hoping I'll get an extra boost of motivation here soon. Just like Korina is doing the "Thin it to win it" competition, Jerry's brothers are doing a competition for the next 3 months too. We will be competing as couples. We will weigh in every two weeks and the winner gets 1/2 of the money put in for the session. The other half goes to the pot. The overall winning couple at the end of the 3 months gets the entire pot. Jerry is onboard and excited, so that helps me too.

2 comments:

  1. sweet! Great job! And that will be a great incentive to loose weight! how fun good luck!

    ReplyDelete