Sunday, March 6, 2011

Time for a PEP TALK!!

We ALL know pregnancy has its ups and downs.  We were never told it would be easy.  It is part of the joy in life and it is also part of our trials.  Face it... when you have something sucking the life out of you, you will have bad days. 

Since I am nearing the end of this "trial", and it has been a trial for me, I am going to share what I have learned.

1.  There will be times when you will feel sick and tired  and lazy.  On the days when you're just being lazy get up off the couch and do something.  Walk up and down the stairs, do some sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming... we all know that can be done any and every day.  As long as you're moving and doing what you can.

2.  The good food is even better when you're pregnant.  Just practice moderation. 

3.  Share what you're feeling with your spouse.  If you're craving bad food maybe they can give you a healthier solution... Skyler did this for me many times.  Instead of a shake, he took me to Tropical Smoothie, which was even better! =)

4.  Don't let yourself fall into a depression.  This has been one of my greatest challenges during this pregnancy.  I have been so blessed to have Skyler home with me to keep me sain and break me out of the bad thoughts and moods.  Since you guys don't have  spouse at home full time, take advantage of your friends.  Start playgroup back up...WE NEED IT!  Who ever said it was for the kids??

5.  If you have a goal in mind and you keep that goal posted somewhere you look every day, as a reminder, you are more likely to make better choices.  And don't forget to pray for help in reaching that goal.

6.  The same advice I gave Korina... don't let what you can't do get you down.  Focus on what it is you can do.  For example...  I have had a hard time exercising since October because of all the illness that hit me so I've been doing extra housework to make up for it. 

Now, I'm not in good shape, but I have managed to maintain a healthy weight gain during this pregnancy, up to this point.  When I am done I am going to have to start at square one, which is really hard to deal with.  BUT  my mind is made up and I have created  plan so that I can accomplish my goal.  What makes it even more difficult is the fact that come June, I no longer have you guys around to motivate me.  I will be in Utah and have to come up with the motivation for myself.  That prospect is scary... it is the reason I invited Korina to come work out with Marlo and I.  I was scared to go by myself because she is in such amazing shape.  I wanted someone to share the journey with.  That is a fear I now have to overcome and I look forward to the challenge.

Good luck this week and remember I love you both!!  Do your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment