Friday, August 12, 2011

4 weeks!!

Holy Cow! I had the shocking realization last night that it was only 4 weeks till I have my baby! In a way the time has gone SO quickly because I've been so busy with other things, but weight wise, I feel like I've been pregnant and huge forever! And yes, I'm huge. I always get so large, but I think this one I might be even bigger than the others because I seem to be carrying very "forward" if that makes sense. He's all out there, not to mention the weight I've gained in my butt to balance out so I don't topple over. Oh, and my chin, neck, and cheeks, arms, etc... :)
I will try to get a picture taken over the weekend to add. BUT - on the positive side, I am already trying to get motivated to get back into shape. One great thing about our neighborhood is that it is a quiet country road, with really no thru traffic. The kids LOVE being able to ride their bikes regularly. Because I don't know the neighbors well enough yet, and I don't want Hayden to get lost just riding around on his bike, whenever he wants to ride farther than the "3 houses down" limit we go on a walk around the block till we can get more familiar with it. That boy is going to get me in shape more than anything else. It's probably only 1/2 mile we go, but we go several times a day, and at this point it wears me out. So I'm hoping after the baby comes we'll continue to go on walks as long as the weather permits. That's something I never really had to worry about in Vegas. Then the other day I went exploring in the car looking for a good running path. Just across the street from our neighborhood is a very quiet country road that goes for about 3 miles, with a total of about 4 homes on the whole stretch. So I'm planning to go running there once I get back into it.
I will definitely need you guys' support to get back, even if it's long distance. I saw a pic of myself the other day, and all I can say is YIKES! Sadly I can see myself taking till October to heal, then justifying in my mind that it's practically the holiday season so I'll just enjoy and wait till January to start, but I know I can do a lot of damage in 2 1/2 months, or I can start out slowly and combat the holiday eating a little bit. I still want to do a 5K in January at the latest, or ideally I'd like to at least walk a 5 K when Korina does the Half Marathon in Dec. That way, I'll be there in spirit and I'll probably sweat and hurt as bad doing a 5K as you will with 13.1 miles, that's how out of shape I feel. So there's my plans - remind me of them!!

4 comments:

  1. So funny! Today I was thinking I need to blog something on there! You are going to do so awesome!!! I am so excited for you only 4 weeks!! Can't wait to Skype that baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUR weeks? That doesn't even seem possible.

    (easy for me to say ....)

    Miss you, Sarah. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a whole new terrain to explore and kids to enjoy it with... you can do it!! I need your Skype. Skyler and I just signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, our skype address is jewell2040, I'd love to skype.
    Patti, I know it's crazy isn't it!! Some days I wish it were today, because then at least the sleep I did get would be comfortable sleep:) I miss you too! Thanks for being so sweet and caring!!
    Can't wait to skype this baby too!!
    love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete