Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nike Challenge

For Mother's Day I got a Nike Watch. I was so excited to use it. First I could not get it to work, so after 3 weeks of trying everything, I called Nike. They told me my sensor needed to be woke up?? WOKE UP!! Finally I can use it!!!

Then my friend on Nike challenged me to a race, first one to 20miles. And we all know how competitive I am! I was excited and I really needed some motivation!! So Monday I went out, so excited to finally use my watch. Got to the park and LO BATT!! Could not use the watch.

Finally Wednesday got out and used my watch. The first few times you run, you have to check it. Then change it till it learns your step and pace. Wednesday it said I ran 4.37 after checking with mapmyrun.com it was only 4 miles. So I changed it on my Nike watch. That way the next run would be more accurate. Thursday Monta and I went out and were determined to get 4 miles in. We ran and ran and ran and ran. We even stopped at Terrible's and refilled our water. Finally hit 4 miles!! Then we walked another mile to get to Monta's house. Once I got home I checked mapmyrun.com and we ran 5.73miles! That is why we thought we were going to die!!
So we ran about 5miles of it and walked .73.

I am feeling better about the half marathon. Now if only I can control my eating!! Why must food be so good??

No comments:

Post a Comment