Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prenatal Yoga

I got renewed ambition last Friday. Hopefully this time it lasts a little longer. I finally dared step on the scale. It was not as bad as I had expected, but worse than I'd hoped. So I now have a goal set for my weigh in at my next dr. appt.
So yesterday I went walking again and was happy to see that I increased my speed and had none of the cramping that I have had in the past couple weeks. I just gotta keep it up. I should probably increase the distance I go, especially when I'm feeling good. But for now I'll be happy with the distance I did yesterday.
I also decided to add some other forms of exercise so I added some prenatal yoga to my instant watch que on Netflix. There was only one prenatal video in the instant view, so my choice was pretty obvious. I've done pilates, but never yoga before, other than the little bits they include on the biggest loser dvds. So here's my question. Does it count as exercise if it feels really good? I don't feel particularly sore, which in my messed up mind is the sign of a good workout - if I'm really sore afterward. She (the instructor) talked a lot about stretching, and positions to give the baby more room. And I have to say that I might just break into the "downward dog" position randomly throughout the day because it felt so good to stretch the lower back out after carrying baby around. I think the "give the baby space" thing worked too because my little boy was doing happy somersaults after I got done too.
So I'll be keeping it up a couple times a week along with walking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment