Saturday, May 21, 2011

A New Beginning

So, having a baby is rough on the body.  All the work you do before seems to go by the wayside because of cravings, and the changes your body goes through.  I have lost all my baby weight and have spent the last 8 weeks enjoying all kinds of bad food and I haven't gained one pound back.  I'm sure that is because of the breastfeeding.  The thing is, even though I'm at my start weight I'm starting to realize I'm not happy with the way I look or feel.  That is why, starting TODAY, I'm getting back on track.  I am going to get under 200 by the end of the summer.  That means I have to lose 10 lbs per month.

My plan is to simply start by walking and finding healthy alternatives to my junk food.  I'm gonna have to go unpack my cookbook because I need to plan my meals.  Living with my parents has been really hard on the waistline because if I don't cook my mom goes and gets fast food.  While it may be yummy at the time I really hate that she does that.  When we were on our own, if I didn't cook we'd have sandwiches or what I like to call "fend for yourself" night.  Of course that meant the little ones ate chicken nuggets or something, but for myself that usually meant a healthy alternative to fast food.  So, to avoid the 3-4 night fast food binge that happens around here I have to make a meal plan.

I'm gonna start posting the food I eat or plan.... maybe it will help you guys too.  I'm hoping I'll get over to my house today so I can go shopping to get the ingredients I need to start this.  First, the boys need to come home from Fathers and Sons. =)

1 comment:

  1. You can totally do it Kim! Good for you! I'm sure it's hard with your living situation, and I feel, as I'm sure you do, your life is in that wait period, waiting and wondering where you're going to be, etc. Along with my pregnancy I've reverted back to emotional eating when I'm stressed, which seems like always. So you're motivating me. I need to be healthier while I'm preggo and stop eating everything in sight!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete