Saturday, May 21, 2011

Flashback/Flashforward

This weekend is the father/son overnighter campout. I had such a good time with my girls last night. Rebecca has been so excited for this day - even though she did want to go camping, I told her we're going to have a lot of fun here with a GIRL PARTY!! She took off with the planning. I did have a great time, and I don't quite know if all the coats of bright, multicolored fingernail polish will ever come off, but it was worth it.
Anyway, back to the topic. With as much fun as I had, right before bed I got a little down. I started reminiscing (which I find myself doing A LOT these days, knowing that we'll be moving, and I like remembering good memories). I started thinking back to last year's father/sons. I remembered what a good time we had at Kim's house, and yes, I TOTALLY overate that night. But the main thing that got me down was remembering that I was so in the zone and preparing for Ragnar that even after overeating I came home last year at around 11:00, put the girls to bed and ran several miles on the treadmill. The next morning because Jerry was gone, and I couldn't go running outside I got up and ran 7 miles on the treadmill, and again that night. WOW - flash forward to this year. Totally over ate, and haven't exercised in the last couple weeks more than climbing up and down my stairs.
I've done exactly what I didn't want to do. I've gotten out of the habit again, and sadly sometimes I feel like, why exercise, I'm just getting huge anyway with pregnancy. And yes, I'm huge. I've been emotional eating because of stress over the last several months, then I sit and stew and worry about everything that we need to do and figure out before we move. STUPID!!
So, because I really don't want to make this such a depressing post, and make you feel like I'm fishing for compliments, I decided last night that I'm going to exercise today!!! For sure. Because it's a beautiful day I'm planning to continue our GIRL PARTY with a great walk outside with the double stroller. I know I'm still going to get bigger and bigger, but I need to change my thought process and just focus on being healthy for my and my little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Good job for getting out this morning and getting a walk with the girls I am sure they enjoyed it! I walked to the mailbox today!!

    ReplyDelete