Friday, August 17, 2012

This time it's for real!

ok girls, I'm sick of being overweight.  Sick of looking at pictures of myself and being a little depressed with what I see.  Time to get serious.  The excuse of "I just had a baby" is getting old for me.  My baby is going to be 1 in less than a month.  My birthday is in just under 2 months, so I'm making big goals, and have to achieve them!  I'd like to be down at least 20 pounds by my birthday. 
I've been struggling with my workouts.  During the summer I didn't have access to my gym, but I went walking generally every day.  Surprisingly I maintained, for the most part, throughout the summer.  But I didn't do any weight training, and honestly - I'm still way too overweight to just be maintaining.  I need to lose it.  So I've been trying to decide what to do for my workouts.  My feet are really hurting, so I need to get some shots in my feet.  Easier said than done.  I've wondered if I need to just concentrate on walking until I get down a bit, then add the running.  But then I'm missing the strength training which I know is important, and it helps boost the metabolism as well, which makes the weight come off faster than cardio alone.  The issue I have with walking is, even though I am trying to walk at a quick pace, I don't get that "I've given it all I can" feeling when I'm done, like I do with running.  I like that feeling of knowing I've pushed it to the limit and there's no more to give.  When I walk, even though it is a great workout - and the health benefits are major, I could keep walking and walking all day if I needed.  Walking on an incline totally helps, it does push it to the limit, but I think I'd rather run.  So when I'm done I beat myself up thinking I could have done more.  So today at the gym I did 3 miles and ran about 1.25 of it.  It felt so good.  I've decided to start slowly, because I do need to get some weight off, and the heavier I am the more it hurts to run.  But I'm going to go back to the half marathon training schedule we used before. P.S. if anyone knows where to find the actual schedule we used, let me know.  I'm a sucker for familiarity.  I'm going to start with just running 1 - 2 miles of my workouts - like they have on the schedule, and walking maybe another mile when I've finished the required mileage, if it's only 1 or 2.  I'm also going to start adding strength training again on shorter days.  Within a few weeks I'll be running a lot more, but it's a good way to ease into it. 
I'm also going to get back onto Spark people  -or what's the new one you told me about, Korina?  I'm going to record my food again.  Even if no one but me checks this blog, I'm going to really try to keep up on it because it keeps me motivated. 
So, there you have it.  I'm going to do it!  I'll probably get around to posting a picture at the beginning of September.  Wish me luck(:

























































































1 comment:

  1. You read my mind I was going to text you and say Monday, we start the blog again! :) You are doing great. Its myfitnesspal app or .com is what I am using it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete